Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Last term I really pushed myself out of my comfort zone, and learned a lot about what I can do and what I enjoy doing as an artist. This term however, I learned a lot about how I work as an artist. I found that it was easier for me to start one project, move to another, and then come back to that first project. It helps me if I don't look at a piece for a long time, then come back and look at it with fresh eyes. My biggest success this term was probably one of my pieces with the notecards. Unfortunately the piece got lost in the abyss of the art room. It was the project where we had to somehow enlarge a small square of one of our notecards. I liked these projects because you had to copy an image, but you could somehow change it and make it bigger. I like taking an image and changing it somehow. Towards the end of the term, I was very stressed out with school and I think I wasn't focusing enough in the class, so I couldn't develop very finished pieces. The hardest for me, surprisingly, was the still life. I hadn't drawn in so long it was hard for me to focus. I was also trying to use new techniques with my drawing. I tried to do the undetailed parts first and then go in on the detail. I had a really hard time with this, but in some ways it was a learning experience, because I realized that maybe I can come up with a unique style of drawing. I've discovered I like having a balance or a certain relation between detailed and undetailed.

No comments:

Post a Comment